- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
John Miles Flintlock Rifle
Lockplate signed "Miles," original flint, incised carved curly maple stock, relief carving on tang, floral engravings on patchbox, single trigger. Leonard Reedy style of relief carving.
40.5 inch full octagon rifled barrel. Four-piece patchbox and original flint London lock. Eight-pointed silver star on cheek.