- Robert E. Petersen Collection
- Ancient Firearms - 1350 to 1700
- Road to American Liberty - 1700 to 1780
- A Prospering New Republic - 1780 to 1860
- A Nation Asunder - 1861 to 1865
- The American West - 1850 to 1900
- Innovation, Oddities and Competition
- Theodore Roosevelt and Elegant Arms - 1880s to 1920s
- World War I and Firearms Innovation
- WWII, Korea, Vietnam and Beyond - 1940 to Present
- For the Fun of It
- Modern Firearms - 1950 to Present
- Hollywood Guns
Sterling semi automatic carbine
A limited number of semi-automatic variants of the popular British Sterling submachinegun were imported. This example, imported by Parker Arms of Dallas, TX, is one of less than 200 known to exist. It is fitted with a dummy shortened display barrel that is unchambered.
This firearm was donated in 2007 from the family of Bruce Stern. Mr. Stern's military firearms collection was one of the largest private collections in North America.